Final mile (also known as last mile) is one of the fastest-growing modes of transportation. It is also one of the most challenging modes for shippers to manage effectively. Coordinating multiple carriers, understanding nuances relating to delivery locations and equipment, navigating accessorial charges, and managing multiple sets of invoices and BOLS can all cause headaches for shippers.
In this guide, you will learn:
- Common challenges in final mile shipping
- The role of a TMS in supporting final mile shipping
- Factors that can drive increased control of final mile costs
- Best practices to lower final mile costs
- Characteristics of the ideal final mile partner